Thursday, February 7, 2013

Warming It Up!

Hmmm...hummm, humm.We've had kind of a rough time lately. Serious flu complications, losing the job that was our mainstay income,etc. Why, then do I wake up with a song in my heart every morning?
1. Because I'm old enough to be grateful I woke up? Well, yes.
2. Because there is the possibility that I could spend time with people I love, today? Well, yes, that does make me smile.
3. Because I slept in a comfortable bed, warm with a roof over my head without the rumbles of hunger in my tummy? Well, yes, I do not take those for granted.
4. Because even on grey, winter days, there is beauty to be found? Well, yes...and I enjoy the treasure hunts to find it.
5. Because I know that I know that I know that God loves me? Well, yes and no, not exactly...that's the reason I live, and move and have my being.
6, Because even in the darkest moments, I have troves of good memories to peek at when I need a little cheer? Well, yes, memories are useful in that way.
7. Because I have been graced with the gift of sure faith in the faithfulness of God? Well, yes, faith reinforced by the experience of knowing Him through all the dark times I've experienced before. I know His faithfulness like I know the moods that play across the face of my dear friends  I've learned these things  because of our history together and because I treasure who He is.
8 Because there are  such a things as rainbows and candle flames and baby giggle? Well, yes...duh!.
9 Because  when I did my body inventory this morning there was  a  little spot on my little left toe that didn't hurt ?. Well, yes...I do look for the painless spots and celebrate those.
10. Because with all these reasons and many, many more:WHY NOT wake up with a song in my heart?
And just  like I go out and warm up the engine of my  car so it can run well in this cold weather before I try to depend on it to take me somewhere and to function well. ;  I also hum a little hum to warm up my heart so it can run well in this sometimes cold world, so I  can depend on it to be loving and cheerful when its needed.

1 comment:

  1. We all should be grateful for what we have as there are others worse of than ourselves.
    I do gripe, but am human. However am grateful for my family and friends, and the time I have with them, knowing its precious....

    ReplyDelete